In a very short amount of time, I have realised how amazing it is to be a part of the blogging community. Everyone welcomes you with open arms, and they will always be there to support you no matter what. 🙂 I have been so fortunate as to have been nominated for ‘The Liebster Award.”
I have been nominated to answer 11 questions, and then I get the chance to nominate some of my favourite bloggers for the award! 🙂 Let’s show the world how wonderful the blogging community can be!!
Thank you so much to Lou-Ekai for nominating me 🙂 If you haven’t already, please go and check out her blog.
I’m really excited to answer her questions!! So.. Let’s get started!! 🙂
1. What inspired you to begin your blog? What was your reason and what is your blog about?
I mentioned this in my first blog post, sorry for repeating myself haha! When I was 2, I was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Whilst growing up, I found social situations quite difficult and it’s something that still affects me today. There are times where I find it difficult to express my thoughts and feelings, as it takes time for me to process what I want to say and how to say it.
I wanted to create a space where I could express myself creatively and talk about anything and everything that’s on my mind, without being judged.
I hope to inspire people by talking about my personal experiences and, hopefully, help them in the same way others have helped me. To encourage them to follow their hearts and not let anything hold them back from reaching their goals.
2. What qualities do you like about yourself?
Throughout my life, I’ve had to face many obstacles to become the person I am today. Over the years, I have become very determined to show people, including myself, who I am and what I can do. I guess that’s the quality I like the most. No matter how difficult life can be, no matter how many times I have wanted to give up, I keep on going and I don’t let anything hold me back. 🙂
As well as that; I like how passionate I am about things I believe in and my sense of humour (even though it might be strange for others, haha!)
3. Are you more a city or country person?
I would say I’m a bit of both? I love exploring cities, especially those I have never been to before. Edinburgh, York and London are definitely my top 3. (In the UK, anyway). However, it is nice to relax and escape to the country where you are surrounded by the beautiful scenery of green and blue. (Sometimes grey in Scotland, haha!)
4. Do you have children? If not, would you like to have children in the future & what would you name them?
No, I don’t have any children but I would love to start a family one day. If I was to have a girl, I would love to call her Rosie. I’m not sure what name I would choose if I was to have a boy, but I would definitely give him a middle name. His middle name would be Alexander, after my great grandad.
5. Do you wear makeup? If so what is one thing that’s essential in your makeup routine?
As I work full time in a nursery, I don’t tend to wear make-up during the week. Mainly because I don’t have enough time to put it on in the mornings, haha! I tend to where make-up during the weekend, days off work or special occasions. For me, foundation and concealer are very important. I tend to get a lot of spots on my face, which makes me feel very self-conscious. I dread to think how long it takes me to cover my skin, haha!
6. If you could spend a whole day with 3 celebrities who would you spend the day with?
Not gonna lie, I love watching YouTube videos and there are loads of YouTubers that I would love to hang out with. If I only had to choose 3. they would be Zoe Sugg (Zoella), Mark Ferris and Carrie Hope Fletcher.
7. What’s your ideal holiday? Where would you love to travel?
I’m obsessed with Disney, and I have always wanted to go to Disney World in Florida, or Disney Land in Paris. I’m determined to go there one day!! 🙂
8. Have you got any phobias? If so what?
I’m terrified of rats! Well, any kind of rodent really. I’m also terrified of birds, which is something that I probably get from my dad. I deliberately try to avoid birds when I’m walking along the street, haha. I’m also claustrophobic. I’m hate being in small spaces, especially when I can’t see a way out.
9. What’s an interesting fact about you that not many people know?
I’m rubbish at answering these kind of questions, haha! I just don’t feel like I’m that interesting.
Umm… When I was a kid, I used to do trampolining and I would compete in Scottish trampoline competitions. Mainly in the North East. I have won 5 bronze medals and 3 trophies (2 for 2nd place and 1 for 3rd place). I quit when I was 12, but I seriously wish I got back into it again.
10. What’s the craziest and most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
Honestly, I’m not great at being spontaneous, haha! I’m the type of person that likes to have a plan, and know exactly what is happening. Well, I did get into a relationship with a guy, three years older than me, after only knowing him for a month. Haha, does that even count?
11. Would you say you’re an optimist, pessimist or realist?
I would say I’m half optimistic, half realist. A lot of the time, I believe that life doesn’t always go the way you plan but everything happens for a reason and something good is about to come round the corner. When one door closes, another one opens. 🙂
I would like to nominate:
- Life As Najida – lifeasnajida.wordpress.com
- Ellen – itsjustellenblog.wordpress.com
- thealienb4by – thealienb4by.wordpress.com
- The Life of Ditzy D – ditzydblog.wordpress.com
- Ariana – ladiesdrinknegronis.com
- Sarah – bookhookednook.wordpress.com
- Char – lunarchar.wordpress.com
- Girl Missguided – everythingmissguided.wordpress.com
- Its Fine – http://itsfinetheblog.com/
- Life of Kimberly – lifeofkimberly.com
Questions for my lucky nominees! 🙂
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is your favourite quote?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be and why?
- What type of blog posts do you enjoy reading? (lifestyle, beauty, etc.)
- What are your top 5 favourite films?
- What is your favourite season, and why?
- If you could go back in time, where would you go?
- What is your biggest achievement so far?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is the number 1 thing on your bucket list?
- What is one thing you have learned since you started blogging?
Once you have answered these questions, nominate 11 new bloggers and write out 11 of your own questions for them to answer. Looking forward to reading your posts/answers. And don’t forget to leave comments and follow all blogs linked (as well as mine) in order to fully complete the Liebster award!
Have fun! 🙂 Oh! Tweet me your blog post when it’s published, I would love to read your answers!!